Posting date: February 1, 2013
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing assigned product lines, vertical markets, and marketing campaigns. This includes but is not limited to:
- Driving the business to meet sales and revenue goals for the product line
- Releasing and discontinuing product offerings
- Developing business plans
- Managing the process to come up with specifications for new products
- Guiding the new product development process
- Developing sales tools and marketing collateral for the products
- Represent the company at trade shows and conventions
- Perform regular competitive analysis
- Developing product demonstration strategies.
- Manage pricing of new and existing products for reporting product line(s) including:
- Price to market considerations
- Establishing relative pricing of competitors
- Complying with target margins
- Bundling and promotional targets as appropriate
- Clear, complete communication of price and configurations through management of configuration guide and SAP.
- Assist in monitoring inventory levels and forecasts for reporting product line(s).
- Bring new business opportunities to the attention of the organization
- Carry out Voice of the Customer (VOC) fact finding.
- Give oral presentation to large audiences of a sales and technical nature on a regular basis.
- Regular travel both domestically and internationally to customer facilities, regional offices, and conventions/tradeshows. Expectation should be that ~30% of annual time should be spent traveling and that trips as long as 3 weeks at a time may be required.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Has authority to set pricing on all assigned products.
- Has signing authority for marketing on CCNs involving assigned products.
- Has the authority to discontinue products.
- Has signing authority for marketing on engineering specials and special buy-ins.
- Establish product, procedure and process improvements to departmental management.
- Propose capital equipment purchases for approval by departmental management.
- Propose marketing expenditures to the limit directed by marketing manager.
- Maintenance of expenses within agreed targets as defined by the marketing manager.
Specific Scope Data
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- May specialize in a particular product line but not limited to a specific technical discipline.
- May specialize in a particular application area (i.e. pharmaceutical, forensic, etc.) but not limited to this application area.
EDUCATION: Minimum BS degree, MS or PhD preferred in chemistry, biochemistry, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, forensic sciences or related field. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years spectroscopy industry experience with a BS degree or 2 years experience with a higher level degree. Specific NMR spectroscopy experience highly desired. Preferred 2 years or more in a capital equipment sales or marketing role.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Individual should be familiar with target markets for assigned products
- Individual should be familiar with technologies used in assigned products
- Individual should be familiar with marketing and product management fundamentals.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communications skills. The individual needs to be able to prepare and present compelling oral and written arguments and should be experienced in giving verbal presentations.
- Well developed time management skills and demonstrated ability to work independently. Individual will be asked to work on projects where deliverables may be many months out. Individual will be interrupted frequently as they work on these projects and will have to balance working on multiple projects simultaneously. Individual expected to work with minimal supervision and deliver project deliverables on schedule.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...