As a Neuropsychologist, you will perform neuropsychological psychological, behavioral assessments, psychotherapeutic and rehabilitation interventions and other procedures of patients in designated locations as allowed by State Law and as further delineated by Medical Board approved privileges. Research, when required, is conducted in accordance with IRB guidelines and approvals.
(When hired prior to Medical Board Appointment, the incumbent functions under the supervision of a Medical Board Approved licensed psychologist until the incumbent obtains the required Medical Board appointment.)
- Performs psychological assessment.
- Develops and implements a plan of treatment.
- Evaluates care provided for positive patient outcomes.
- Analyzes outcome/follow-up data for purposes of performance improvement and research.
- Maintains related documentation.
- Doctoral degree in clinical neuropsychology from an accredited college or university.
- Currently licensed to practice Psychology in the State of New York. Non-clinical neuropsychologists may qualify for this position if educational training and requirements are comparable.
- Qualify within six months for Medical Board appointment from the medical board overseeing the program(s) within which the neuropsychologist is practicing. Extensions not exceeding 90 days may be granted in unusual circumstances. Provisional hiring status to remain in effect until Medical Board Appointment is approved.
- Experience with TBI Patients, preferred
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...