- Contact students assigned on at least a monthly basis via e-mail, outbound calls or occasional in person meeting in regard to academic progress, questions or concerns, giving direct correct information to expedite resolution or direct the student/parent to the appropriate department for resolution.
- Helps to ensure successful completion of students academic course requirements as well as provide accurate academic counsel toward course registration necessary for graduation from LUOA. Requires extensive knowledge of LUOA curriculum.
- Assists with interdepartmental personnel to assist in resolving student challenges and facilitate communication
- Communicate clearly and concisely LUOA policies and procedures
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all student academic and financial records in accordance to FERPA laws and university policies and procedures
- Keep accurate and orderly documentation of all communication with students, parents and other department correspondence
- Connect students/parents when necessary to services offered
- Must be willing and able to learn and use dialer capability to reach students - extensive phone use and email is required.
- direct contact with the LUOA teachers is required to help facilitate the students learning process.
Bachelor's degree required preferably in an Education related area.
Computer experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Demonstrate excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills, problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
Must be professional, organized and possess excellent listening and discerning skills
Takes initiative and is highly motivated and committed to teamwork and collaboration across departments
Strong desire to excel in fast-paced environment
Takes on repetitive and high volume e-mail and phone conversations with energy
Masters' preferred in related area (School Counseling, Psychology, Education, etc).
Special Instructions to Applicants: