The Product Line Manager (PLM) supports the Director in all areas of the product creation process including: business planning, design briefs, and execution of the seasonal product creation calendar from concept to market. The Product Line Manager plays a key role in the tactical day-to-day operations of the Product team. The person in this role is also the communications hub for this category and will be a key liaison between the adult brand and Stride Rite Children's Group Design, Development, Merchandising, Sourcing, Sales, and Marketing.
- Lead the product creation and business planning process from concept to market
- Conduct regular marketplace analysis focusing on brand's direct competition to include local shopping and documenting competitive branded and unbranded distribution and price points
- Ability to assess trends and translate into product creation. Must have ability to clearly convey insights to the broader team and to incorporate key findings into product offering
- Thorough understanding of category's business: historical volume, current plan, future plan, financial goals, ability to objectively analyze successes and failures and opportunities
- Create and maintain the category development plan: seasonal product briefs, workload document, competitive overview, costing model, sku analysis, and volume analysis
- Establish strong relationships with sales team and retailers to maintain on-going communication regarding market dynamics specifically category performance and competitive performance
- Represent category at key meetings, provide critical information, follow-up on specific issues
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of product experience
- Footwear experience preferred, but candidates with apparel, accessories, product, buying or merchandising backgrounds will also be considered.
- Candidate must have strong presentation skills and be able to communicate their ideas and products to both internal and external partners.
- Must have a strong work ethic and enjoy working interactively with various disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and can work independently, have a positive attitude, is versatile and flexible, and enjoys working on variety of projects and shifting gears midstream
- Computer literate: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Domestic travel to work with retailers, licensors, and attend trade shows. Candidate is required to travel to Asia once per season (2 times/year) for seasonal development trips.
Wolverine Worldwide - 18 months ago