Department: Seymour Johnson AFB
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 5V-ART-845575-806326-ACD
SALARY RANGE: $59158 to $76902/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, February 21, 2013 to Wednesday, February 27, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0018-11/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Status Candidates (Air Force & DOD employees) ONLY
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency.
Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position & unit) on their application.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: The Government’s most important asset is its people
Must be a current member of the AF Reserves or willing/qualified to join
Military AFSC: 1S071; Military Grade: E-7
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates activities necessary to the overall management of the ground and weapons safety programs. Reviews weapons, health and safety plans/programs and develops and issues organizational directives and procedures establishing technical and administrative safety and occupational health requirements for industrial, construction, commercial, and transportation activities.
- Plans, conducts, and directs formal investigations of mishaps involving personal injury, property damage, and cases of occupational illnesses covering a wide range of work operations and conducts formal investigations of hazardous conditions. Compiles and analyzes mishap data, identifies trends, and develops comprehensive recommendations to reduce or eliminate mishaps.
- Develops specialized operating practices, modifying or adapting standard techniques when necessary, based upon interpretation of policies, standards, and regulations. Reviews all organizational directives for safety and occupational health implications.
- Reviews plans and specifications for new construction, major building alterations, and/or changes in organizational equipment and monitors project through completion to ensure compliance with safety and occupational health standards and code. Identifies design changes not included in the original plan and provides technical recommendations to eliminate or control safety hazards in the repair and maintenance of organizational facilities and equipment.
- Provides technical safety training/instruction to management, employees, and/or unit safety representative on a wide range of work operations areas, such as confined space procedures, traffic safety techniques, proper storage of hazardous materials, and common laboratory hazards.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include experience in or related to safety and occupational health that provided the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include:
§ Managing safety or occupational health program elements.
§ Developing and recommending safety and occupational health policy to higher levels of management.
§ Applying safety and occupational health laws, regulations, principles, theories, practices, and procedures to advise on or resolve technical matters dealing with occupational safety and health requirements.
§ Developing safety and occupational health standards, regulations, practices, and procedures to eliminate or control potential hazards.
§ Developing or implementing programs to reduce the frequency, severity, and cost of accidents and occupational illnesses.
§ Analyzing or evaluating new and existing jobs, processes, products, or other systems to determine the existence, severity, probability, and outcome of hazards.
§ Designing or modifying workplaces, processes, products, or other systems to control or eliminate hazards.
§ Inspecting or surveying workplaces, processes, products, or other systems for compliance with established safety and occupational health policies or standards and to identify potential new hazards.
§ Training of workers, supervisors, managers, or other safety and occupational health personnel in safety or occupational health subjects.
§ Work in occupational fields such as industrial hygienist, safety engineer, fire prevention engineer, health physicist, and occupational health nurse.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of established safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and current legislative issues as they relate to the military installation ground safety program; the requirements, methods, and techniques of accident and mishap investigation, analysis, resolution of safety problems, and formal reporting procedures; and risk assessment methods and techniques for evaluation of occupational safety and health risks.
2. Knowledge of the requirements, methods, and techniques of accident and mishap investigation, analysis, resolution of safety problems, and formal reporting procedures.
3. Knowledge of risk assessment methods and techniques for evaluation of occupational safety and health risks.
4. Knowledge of communication techniques, principles, and regulations to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in responding to work related problems and questions.
5. Knowledge of basic construction standards, methods, practices, techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with regulations and standards and the ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications sufficiently to identify hazardous conditions in proposed facilities.
6. Knowledge of standard training techniques, methods, and materials sufficient to develop and present formal training and instructional sessions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Air Reserve Technician (ART) Positions : For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a copy of their military experience and training with their resume in order to expedite recruitment efforts. Visit the Verification of Military Experience and Training Web Site to obtain this information, click here
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8 0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, February 27, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 845575 . Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Seymour Johnson AFB
Air Force Acquisition - 20 months ago