Planet Payment, Inc, a leading international payment and data processor, provides internationally focused banks and their merchants with innovative solutions that enable them to accept process and reconcile payments, anytime, anywhere and in any currency.
Headquartered in Long Beach, New York, our global commercial centers include Beijing, Bermuda, Delaware (New Castle), Dubai, Georgia (Alpharetta), Hong Kong, Hawaii (Honolulu), Ireland (Dublin), London, Mexico (Mexico City), Shanghai, Singapore and Toronto.
We have an immediate need for a Customer Service Representative in our New Castle, DE office.
Position Summary: The Representative will work in a customer services environment that provides product and service support for Direct Merchants, Banking partners, 3rd Party Relationships, Agent Banks and Independent Sales Organizations (ISO) merchant. Inquiries and issues are received via email and incoming calls. Daily tasks include detailed research for transactions, file movement, settlement and chargeback research. This is a fast-paced environment. Verbal and written communications at a business to business level occur throughout the day. Organization skills, the ability to multi-task and communication skills are critical. Products and systems are varied and support multi-currency and USD processing, via POS terminals and virtual terminals. This requires thorough knowledge and ongoing training on our systems and products. The representative is a key player in communicating with our Relationship Managers, promoting a professional and knowledgeable image at all times. We focus on providing exceptional customer service, fulfilling the Client’s expectations and improving Client satisfaction. The Representative will act as the face of the company during all interactions with the Client and must ensure that the image of the company is reflected professionally at all times.
- Daily management and prioritization of incoming Client emails and phone calls. Utilize various systems and product knowledge to identify problem, root cause and resolution. Research and resolve issues related to authorization, transactions, funding, file and the chargeback life cycle for all regions.
- Research issues related to merchant statements, fees, interchange and pricing, and batch processing.
- Track inquiries/resolution via ticketing system.
- Escalate issues to appropriate subject matter experts, via ticketing system. Communicate issues, progress and resolution to Clients and internal management staff. Ensure timely resolution adhering to all compliance and association rules.
- Juggle multiple issues for different partners and products simultaneously. Participate in and lead conference calls as part of the research process.
- Maintain knowledge of all internal and external policies/procedures and systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation when business needs dictate.
- Provide some hardware and software installation support for any point of sale merchant.
- Handle irate or dissatisfied Clients and seek an expedient resolution to Client concerns without incurring financial loss to the company or damaging the Client’s good will.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to maintain a high level of productivity and energy with limited supervision. Must act independently and be assertive, both in research and decision making.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with internal and external Clients, promoting product value.
- Organize inquiries, training materials and Client data in email folders throughout the day.
- Spanish speaking skills a plus, although not required.
- Must be able to deliver a high level of Client satisfaction by being responsive, proactive, confident, and an effective communicator.
- Ability to interpret and communicate processes related to electronic funds movement.
- Ability to interpret and communicate processes related to various currencies, POS terminals and virtual terminals.
- 2+ years Customer Service experience in a professional setting is A MUST (payment processing or banking environment preferred).
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills in a high volume environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are key to ensuring complete and timely resolution.
- Availability and flexibility with work schedule; some holiday coverage required on occasion.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be self-motivated to establish priorities be results oriented, and work independently.
- Business to business support experience; demonstrated leadership skills for getting results.
- Must be PC/Windows literate; must have knowledge of the Internet; able to learn new and customized programs.
- Work effectively in a multi task, high volume environment.
- Knowledge of credit card terms and conditions.
- Fast-paced, and holds a high level of responsibility to ensure timelines are met accordingly.
Please send your resume today WITH salary requirements for immediate attention. Planet Payment is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.