Laboratory System & Automation Development Technician |
Promoting safe living and working environments.
Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. We employ more than 10,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries, and that number is growing.
UL's technical and subject-matter experts work within our five exciting businesses under one of the most recognized and respected safety brands in the world:
- Product Safety
Providing product safety testing and certification for global market access as well as inspection services to maintain certification.
- Verification Services
Offering quality assurance testing, inspections, audits and responsible sourcing services for a wide array of goods, including wireless protocol and digital security, performance testing and energy efficiency testing.
- Knowledge Services
Providing training, advisory services and software solutions that help make people and the companies they work for smarter, safer and more efficient and effective.
- Life & Health
Providing innovative and trustworthy solutions, whether it be a test report, certification, or regulatory compliance package, to the drinking water, food safety, and medical device industries.
Offering independent assessment and certification, educational services and standards development focused on environmental claims validation, sustainable products certification, energy efficiency certification and advisory services.
We are proud of our role in public safety and work hard each day to help the world move forward - one safe step at a time. Together, we CAN make a difference....so if you'd like to make a real impact, make us your first choice!
Exciting opportunity to be part of our Laboratory Automation team in San Jose, CA!
If you have:
- Some university education in Engineering or IT.
- Lean Sigma DMAIC training or Gage R&R experience.
- An understanding of laboratory instrumentation, automation tools and processes.
We would like to hear from you!
Under general supervision within defined limits of responsibility, supports laboratory automation requested by laboratory and engineering technicians and leaders to increase performance, efficiency, quality and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility of testing. Also provides laboratory technical support including the fabrication, setup, verification, maintenance and repair of laboratory instrumentation, automated test systems and test fixtures.
- Works to improve existing laboratory tests and processes by identifying and applying new laboratory instrumentation, automation and test fixtures, following the design, safety, local law and validation instructions received by the Laboratory System & Automation Development Engineer.
- Builds, installs, tests and validates new instrumentation, automated systems and test fixtures for laboratory tests and processes to ensure they meet scientific needs and user requirements.
- Supports existing laboratory instrumentation, automated systems, test fixtures and related IT systems to ensure they meet scientific needs and user requirements.
- Installs new laboratory instrumentation, automated systems, test fixtures and related IT systems to ensure they meet scientific needs and user requirements and interfaces with laboratory test system/automation vendors as required for pre-purchase and installation support.
- Advises and trains others on the use of laboratory instrumentation, automated systems and test fixtures, including performing and training others on advantages and quality aspects using these.
- Coordinates and performs maintenance on laboratory instrumentation, automated systems and test fixtures.
- Responds to user requests to repair and/or modify existing laboratory instrumentation, automated systems and test fixtures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.