NOC Technician |
Network Ops Center-Opt West
MT / Billings
The NOC Technician is a shift worker that monitors the Optimum Network and Services for outages and impairments in a 24 x 7 environment. They coordinate maintenance and repair activities with engineering, operations and vendor personnel to ensure high services availability and quality. They use fault, performance monitoring and configuration management tools along with ticketing system and event logs to detect and document troubles from initial detection to resolution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor the Network Elements and Systems that make up the Optimum HFC Plant, Core Network, Service Delivery and supporting infrastructure. This includes provisioning, administration, trouble ticketing, and other systems.
• Responsible for Operations, Administration, Maintenance and Provisioning of OSS systems used within the Network for residential and commercial voice, data and video products.
• Responsible for the implementation of methods, procedures, and practices used for installation, maintenance, augmentation and repair of network elements and supporting infrastructure. This includes security, monitoring, disaster recovery, MACD, trouble ticketing, change management, inventory and design documentation.
• Using the OSS and NMS tools, the NOC Technician is expected to identify, isolate, and resolve events that may occur in all components of the network, clearly documenting each event and actions taken in the trouble ticketing system.
• Responsible for timely repair coordination, event notifications, and escalations, related to network outages, impairments or maintenance activities.
• Works closely with Commercial Support, Call Center and other personnel ensuring that they are quickly informed of network or service outages and kept updated with details such as estimate repair times and ongoing resolution efforts.
• Works with engineering, operations and vendors to keep track of and monitor maintenance activities. They will ensure that the expected impact is observed and validate alarms and conditions associated with these activities are cleared and all customer services are restored upon completed.
• Open tickets with and coordinates repair efforts with leased transport, IP transit and other 3rd party providers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• AS Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or other equivalent training or experience. CCNA or other relevant certification a plus.
• 2 to 3 years technical experience with working knowledge of CATV systems and/or IT Networking.
• Data, Telephone or Video Network troubleshooting, repair and maintenance experience in an enterprise telecommunications environment or equivalent.
• Working knowledge RF and Optical technologies, preferably HFC Broadband used for service delivery by Cable MSO’s.
• Working experience with SONET, WDM, Ethernet, IP and other elements and architectures used in modern ISP or Carrier communication networks.
• Experience with SNMP, Syslog, TL1, network alarming or performance monitoring protocols and tools.
• Experience implementing Fault, Configuration, Administration, Performance and Security Management (ISO TMN Model) procedures in and 24x7 NOC environments.
• Experience with trouble ticketing systems is desirable (Remedy, etc).
• Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision required.
• Personal computer skills, working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing software required.
• The NOC is a 24/7/365 operation. Employees must be willing and able to work non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends.
Area of Interest
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...