The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee ( Current Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional, or Excepted Service Schedule A, Non-Temporary Employees)
DoD Transfer (current Non-AF DoD employees)
Non-DoD Transfer (current federal non DoD employees)
Prior Federal Civilian Employees (Reinstatement)
Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF Interchange)
EO 12721 (Former Family Members Employed Overseas)
Peoples With Disabilities
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION NTE 12 Months. THE INDIVIDUAL SELECTED FOR THIS POSITION MAY BE EXTENDED WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION UP TO THE LIMITS ALLOWED BY REGULATIONS.
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid
This position requires a Secret security clearance
This is a TEMPORARY position DUTIES:
This is a Temporary position NTE 1 Year. The individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition.
Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 4 calendar days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
- The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Wing Sexual Assault Program Manager in implementing and managing the installation level Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program.
- Assists the Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) to comply with Department of Defense (DoD) requirements, developing and managing prevention and support programs and activities for sexual assault and other areas of interpersonal violence and victim needs, as directed by the commander. Assists in the administrative in the administrative aspects of developing plans, programs, guidelines, and budgets geared to the installation population and organization.
- Obtains, compiles, maintains, and prepares reports of a variety of data for the program. Maintains up-to-date database on community resources and services both on and off base. Maintains up-to-date database on trained victim advocate volunteers. Maintains case files, referral directories, and information pertaining to the program.
- Participates in the development and implementation of outreach and prevention, resource and referral, and publicity programs. Participates in the development of action plans for the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program.
- Uses varied and advanced functions of word processing software to create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of letters, reports, memos, and other textual documents.
The organizational location of this position is: Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program Office, 360 Air Base Wing, Andersen AFB, Guam QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-06) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include: group leader in community or residential recreation or training programs; counselor in a youth summer c& instructor in a training program for the development of job skills; aid or assistant to professional or associate staff engaged in work of a social services nature in private, public welfare, government program, or community organizations, or in voluntary activities.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-06 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Practical knowledge of Sexual Assault and Prevention program requirements and procedures and basic methods and techniques of counseling.
2. Knowledge of word processing automation software functions to support office operations and produce a variety of textual documents, such as letters, reports, memos, and form letters.
3. Practical knowledge in developing an education curriculum with learning objectives and outcomes.
4. Skill in tactfully interviewing clients coming to the office.
5. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
6. Ability to work well with others in a team setting; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
Other significant facts pertaining to this position are:
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- A fully qualified typist is required.
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further. BENEFITS:
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. OTHER INFORMATION:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Important Overseas Information: Applicants interested in applying for overseas locations please click here to review important information regarding exceptional family member program.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...