The Division of Forestry, Department of Natural Resources is hiring a Wildland Fire Dispatcher III. We are recruiting for the Assistant Center Manager for the State Logistics Center (SLC). The SLC serves as the expanded dispatch for project fires and other fires burning in Areas throughout the state. The Assistant Center Manager fills in for the SLC Coordinator (Center Manager) in their absence. The position provides daily technical direction to four Wildland Fire Dispatcher I/IIs. The Wildland Fire Dispatcher III serves as lead dispatcher for the State Logistics Center. The incumbent must be able to fill in for Wildland Fire Dispatcher I/IIs on their days off and develop expertise in processing all resource orders.
Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Establishing and directing dispatch resource order flow.
- Directing and supervising staff's daily assignments and office operations.
- Developing, updating, and maintaining desk guides and manuals.
- Coordinating and arranging staff training and training workshops.
- Assigning, coordinating, and overseeing the dispatch functions and procurement of fire fighting personnel, aircraft, equipment, and supplies.
View Class Specifications for this job:
Wildland Fire Dispatchers must receive red card training and certification under the National Incident Qualification System.
High school diploma or GED
Twelve months of journey level logistics dispatch experience.
Certification as an Expanded Supervisory Dispatcher under the National Incident Qualification System.
Workplace Alaska - 2 years ago