The Clinical Specialty Supervisor provides direct supervision and coaching for RNs, LPNs and Mas, Health Care Clerks, working with the Lead MD, to create a high performance team providing integrated and coordinated care that delights our customers leading to loyalty and retention. This position collaborates with the Lead MD in managing a health care team's financial performance, staffing and resource allocation within defined parameters that enhances the overall performance of the team, facility, and organization. This position assists in ensuring the delivery of high quality care and service that meets defined standards and consistent compliance with clinical guidelines and processes optimizing operational excellence. He/She provides direct nursing care for the team's members, demonstrating clinical competency by performing all team roles, providing advanced levels of nursing care and proactively monitoring and delivering preventive/early intervention and educational programs to meet panel needs.
- Assists in the facilitation and building of a self-directed team by demonstrating effective team management skills (negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring, coaching, giving and receiving feedback).
- Assists in the development and monitoring of team budgets and financial performance using quantitative information to manage and make decisions that enhance the team's, facility and organizational performance.
- Expresses self clearly and communicates timely and accurate information both in one to one interactions and groups, allowing for flow of information. Plans, coordinates, and facilitates team meetings with the Lead MD.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of team members that meet the clinical and behavioral parameters of a high performance team. Coordinates selection process and orientation and training of new health care team members.
- Manages team conflict effectively, fostering collaboration and resolution.
- Makes timely, ethical, and firm business and clinical decisions.
- Evaluates team members, receiving team input and participation to provide timely and specific feedback and counseling, that improves performance and staff development, conforming with regional policy and procedures. Develops individual goals and action plans for achievement, against established performance standards. Coordinates performance review process with Lead MD and serves as the liaison for input to performance from those outside of the health care team.
- Provides prevention, early intervention, health education, and direct patient care according to guidelines which may include phone, and facility encounters.
- Case management for patients which requires coordination with QRM, other providers, social workers, community and other alternative care interventions.
- Documents patient history and interventions, using computerized and electronic systems and processes to optimize patient care delivery.
- Ensures customer concerns are resolved by self and the team, integrating changes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical knowledge and judgment, incorporating continuous learning for self and the team that enhances delivery of care and maintains clinical competence.
- Values diversity, fostering respect, appreciation, and inclusion of diversity within the team and in the delivery of culturally sensitive care.
- Collaborates with clinical educators in identifying and meeting the educational requirements of the team, ensuring incorporation.
- Registered Nurse.
- Current and valid Georgia licensure.
- CPR, BLS.
- Bachelor's of Science preferred.
- Emergency Room and/or Ambulatory Care nursing experience and/or supervision.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment.
- Bachelor's of Science preferred.
- Demonstrated strong clinical knowledge base and judgment, preferably in an ambulatory/ER care setting.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience, preferably in an ambulatory setting.
- Experience in managing patients and families with complex medical, psycho/social problems.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and experience in teaching/education.
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and use quantitative data information in making business decisions and problem solving.
- Ability to establish and manage budgets and capitated agreements.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...