Thanx Media, a growing software company, is looking for people who thrive on technical and business challenges and are excited to work on core product development as part of their Blosm Engineering team.
The mission for the Unix Systems Developer / Engineer is to perform hands-on development for one of the core products, Blosm. An effective Unix Systems Developer / Engineer will collaborate well with the established engineering team, be forward looking to help plan for future issues, and have a customer first mentality and a persistent desire to help our customers succeed using our products. A desire to learn and a passion for solving problems are a must.
- Optimize VM / HostOS configuration (minimize disk foot print and optimize performance)
- Develop scripts to manage packages and services via yum
- Run performance benchmarks
- Build and maintain network architecture
- Implement and document security issues
- Maintain the version-control system ( Git and CVS )
- Help manage and monitor client access to files and resources
- Maintain the nightly build / test infrastructure of multiple VMs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area
- Familiarity with Red Hat & CentOS vs Fedora Core
- Experience with Bash and Perl
- Bonus: Python experience is beneficial
- Bonus: Experience with C/C++ programming
This is a full-time position based out of our Chicago (River North) office. Health, Dental, and Commuter benefits included.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to our team.
Learn more about us at: