• Demonstrate understanding and continuous learning of business and technology processes, audit methodology, and regulatory guidelines to contribute towards risk evaluation and suggestions for process improvements.
• Collaborate with the Audit Manager throughout each audit phase, including development and documentation of audit work programs, planning documents, status meeting and reports, and audit reports that clearly and accurately indicate achievement of desired objectives.
• Lead audit teams in the planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up phases of IT general, application, business process, and information security reviews.
• Develop and maintain good working relationship with clients and auditors by understanding their goals and deliverables, key business processes and technologies, risks and controls, and possible improvements.
• Coach and develop staff auditors during and outside of audit reviews, including assisting auditors in gaining skills and validating work performed and documented meets or exceeds audit methodology and industry and regulatory guidance.
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills in the areas of audit reviews, project leadership, recommendation of solutions for identified risks, and department administration.
• Collaborate with Auditors, Audit Managers, and clients to identify, evaluate, determine, and suggest creative, simple, value-added potential improvements in business and technology processes and department administration. For issued recommendations, continue collaboration through implementation of prior audit recommendations.
Education & Training: Bachelor’s degree is required. Master's degree is preferred. A major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, or related field(s) is preferred. A relevant professional designation (CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA, CPA etc.) is required. Familiarity with internal audit, IT, and regulatory standards such as IIA, COBIT, FFIEC, OWASP, etc., is required.
Five or more years experience in auditing, information technology, accounting, and/or general banking, is required. Experience in internal audit, project management, applications development and support, information security, system networking and infrastructure support, or accounting / finance is preferred and may be used in substitute IT auditing experience requirements.
Grade 18 - Experience required: Five to six years experience in auditing, information technology or general banking is preferred.
Grade 19 - Experience required: Six to seven years experience in auditing, information technology or general banking is preferred.
Grade 20 - Experience required: Seven or more years experience in auditing, information technology or general banking is preferred.
Skills Required: MS Office Products. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual in English-Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally, as required. Must be a team worker. Ability to exercise mature judgment. Capacity to perform with minimum supervision and accurately interprets results. Communications skills, maturity, and self-confidence are essential. Must possess an analytical and innovative spirit and have a positive attitude toward change.