Business Development Executive - Hartford
This position is responsible for new business development in the "high-end" market segments. These accounts will have fairly complex needs that require interaction with a wide range of high-level decision-makers and influences.
- Selling company products and services to key and major account segments and achieve a defined sales and GP quota
- Researching and prospecting companies and scheduling face-to-face presentations with high level decision makers and influencers
- Using a consultative selling skill, identify customer needs and develop a value added proposition as well as generating complex proposal and pricing development
- Direct account sales and strategy and account handoff process in a team selling environment, while working with management and sales team members
- Work with other team members such as Senior Account Managers to facilitate the transition of account responsibility and ensure accurate, cost effective implementation
- Completion of activity reports and distribution of marketing/prospecting materials
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years previous sales experience
- Ability to consult/sell to high level decision makers and committees in large companies
- High level understanding of advanced/complex company business process (in a business-to-business atmosphere) and customer process for acquisition of products, business acumen and analysis
- Demonstrated personal computer (PC) knowledge including Internet and Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- Exceptional time management, problem solving, and business management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous marketing knowledge is helpful
- Knowledge of products, pricing, competition, and sales objectives is helpful
- Local candidates preferred
US-CT-Wallingford, US-CT-New Haven, US-CT-Stamford, US-CT-Cromwell
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 15 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...