Therapist III (PhD)
Job ID: 24501
Department: Rehab Svcs Admin
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: On Call
Anticipated Work Schedule: 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, as needed for coverage of rehab psychologist time off and for volume fluctuations
Hrs/Pay Period: 0
We have an exciting opportunity for a therapist to join our Mental Health team at Regions Hospital in Saint Paul. At Regions Hospital, our promise is that all patients, families, and customers are treated with dignity, respect and compassion. The therapist will embody this promise while providing a broad range of behavioral health services to patients of all ages with difficulties adjusting to health changes, managing physical disabilities, and challenges in adapting to either the physical rehabilitation environment or their community environment following hospital discharge.
The person in this position provides mental health assessments, psychotherapeutic treatment, and psychological testing, establishes treatment plans that may include coordination with other professional services, provides consultation and education about behavioral health issues and treatment, and performs other duties as assigned. Primarily works with adult patients in the intense inpatient rehabilitation program and outpatients. Therapist attends Rehab Team Rounds of all inpatients on active caseload, and participates in activities that support and expand the services of the Rehabilitation Institute.
• Doctorate degree in psychology (PhD or PsyD)
• Two years of clinical experience with a broad range of presenting problems and therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy and solution-focused brief therapy
• Experience working in In-Patient hospital, nursing home, or rehab center strongly preferred
• License to practice independently as Licensed Psychologist (LP)
• Ability to integrate social, medical and psychotherapeutic data in order to form a treatment plan and provide appropriate interventions (therapy, psychoeducation, crisis intervention, skill training, etc.)
• Sensitivity and competence of cross-cultural issues
• Excellent problem identification, problem solving and follow-through skills
• Knowledge of the values, principles and methodologies in the treatment of mental illness
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, families, co-workers and other organizations
About Regions Hospital
Established in 1872, Regions Hospital is a private, not-for-profit organization. Named one of Leapfrog Group’s Top 13 highest value hospitals nationwide, Regions has a mission to improve the health of our patients and community by providing high quality health care which meets the needs of all people. Regions Hospital and HealthPartners are longtime advocates for mental health providing safety net services to the east metro and consistently making mental health services a priority.