As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin T & D designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects in North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin T & D has exciting full time career opportunities for Project Managers with various levels of experience. Project Managers are responsible for the timely and efficient coordination and delivery of transmission line projects. T & D projects vary in size and complexity, resulting in the necessity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The Project Manager is required to lead a multi-discipline team through the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) phases of the project. It is an expectation that the Project Manager will create and maintain an attitude of leadership towards the project team with respect to overall management activities (including quality assurance, engineering, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, industrial labour relations and safety) to achieve a quality project, while respecting the established budget and schedule objectives. The Project Manager is also required to complete Project Proposals for Business Development purposes.
Qualifications for the positions include:
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
- A minimum of 10 years of proven and progressive project management experience (within an EPC environment is an asset).
- Project Management training/certification (i.e. PMP) is an asset.
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized institution is an asset.
- Strong client focus.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- People oriented with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients.
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leading highly complex groups.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong command of the English language with the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Occasional travel to site visits is required.
As our revenues reach record highs, and our projects bring home some of the most prestigious prizes in the world, there has never been a better time to join our team. Now more than ever, SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions, and an opportunity to test your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our know-how, and help us shape the future of engineering.
SNC-Lavalin - 3 years ago
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of...