GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT: Working under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and following established policies and procedures, provides assistance on clinical research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: recruiting and evaluating patients for studies; collecting and organizing patient data; scheduling patients for study visit; maintaining and updating data generated by the study.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Assistant will be responsible for protocols being carried out by the Sleep Disorders Program in the Division of Sleep Medicine.1. Provide assistance on clinical research studies as per study guidelines and protocols that will include combinations of day/evening/night/weekend shifts.
2. Recruit and evaluates potential study patients per protocol guidelines. Per protocol instructions, conducts telephone interviews or schedules patient for study visit and screening.
3. Interact with patients/subjects with regard to study, including patient education, procedural instruction, and follow-up. May serve as a liaison between patient and principal investigator.
4. Responsible for collecting data and maintaining the patient information database for study. May be required to input data, do analysis and run various reports. Maintain patients’ records as part of record keeping function.
5. Responsible for mailing various study information or packets to study participants.
6. Answer any telephone calls and inquires regarding study protocol. Refer study participants when appropriate to Principal Investigator.
7. Monitor and set up any needed equipment for study protocols.
8. Demonstrates professionalism and respect for subject rights and individual needs.
9. Collaborates with hospital personnel to ensure proper execution of research protocols.
10. Monitors supplies and equipment necessary to conduct protocols.
11. Performs all other functions in order to complete research protocols. May be requested to assist investigators in the preparation of progress reports, grant proposals and manuscripts as needed.
12. Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: A BS/BA strongly preferred. Prefer individuals with science or patient-care background and interest in scientific research.
Six months experience in related laboratory research preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: 1. Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. Familiarity with Windows-based computers required. Must be able to continually learn new computer skills and update existing skills.
3. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and work cooperatively with peers.
4. Ability to work effectively as a member of a research team. Display initiative and sound judgment in crisis or unexpected situations. Take on additional work when required
5. Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail while maintaining a sense of priority and a clear view of the larger objectives of the laboratory.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Occasional intense periods of work can be associated with particular scientific deadlines and overtime may be required.
An EEO, AA, VEVRAA Employer
Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 3 years ago - save job
For over 150 years, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been the birthplace of legendary medicine. A merger of three of Harvard’s...