Description: Middle School (8th Grade) Science
A Science teacher that is deeply committed to the education of all the students that includes exceptional academic outcomes. The teacher shall be responsible for the academic education of his or her students in grade 6 and any other electives assigned as per his/her highly qualifications.
The science teacher at Southwest Middle School is responsible for:
. The teacher plans and delivers vibrant, engaging, and creative lessons. The teacher shall develop a measureable "Learning Target" for each lesson, and will use the Workshop model of instruction to ensure mastery. The teacher will use formative and Common Formative assessments to ensure that students over time maintain mastery of the content taught.
Culture and Classroom Management.
The teacher reinforces and maintains the school's culture of high academic and behavioral expectations by being an active participant in the Professional Learning Communities process; applies school and classroom rules consistently and effectively; makes use of proactive behavior managment techniques; communicates expectations to students clearly; and supervises students within the school setting and school grounds as scheduled.
Teamwork and Professional Relations.
The teacher ensures accurate and timely reporting of all duties outlined in the job description, including information on students' performance and challenges and recommendations during reporting periods; participates actively in PLC grade-level meetings and school-planned professional development, and engages in a school-wide practice of continuous self-improvement and a relentless drive for improvement of school practices; maintains respectful and positive relations with colleagues, administrators, and staff; inspires trust and respect; maintains a positive attitude at all times; adheres to school policies and practices; meets attendance and punctuality guidelines, and demonstrates a total commitment to the organization and to excellence.
The teacher accepts ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of his or her students, actively develops solutions to problems, meets commitments, requires minimal supervision and direction, and communicates effectively and regularly with the Principal and the Asst. Principal.
The teacher must:
- Demonstrate an unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- Manifest a total commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all of the school's students for college
- Demonstrate a record of producing dramatic student achievement gains as a teacher in a collaborative culture
- Be passionate about education and closing the achievement gap for all students
- Be committed to education standards, statewide testing, and accountability
- Believe in a structured, predictable environment for children, and a No Excuses classroom
- Be willing to have a firm but fair classroom climate
- Be prepared to invest in building relationships with students through the Professional Learning Communities process.
- Value being effective and creative
- Have a "can do" attitude and be a team player, relentless in the pursuit of the school's academic objectives; be hard-working and willing to take feedback and engage in a process of self-improvement
Excellent Educational Environment.
: Interview Committee