Linux Systems Administrator (Job Number: 325075)
SAIC currently has a job opening for a Linux System Administrator supporting our Navy and Marine Corps Business Unit in Monterey, CA.
JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Candidate will provide hands-on technical support and administrative services for HPC LINUX clusters, including attached storage and file systems, high speed interconnects (Infiniband), security configurations, software stack, user interactions, and performance optimization. This position will assist FLENUMMETOCCEN in the systems engineering processes required for the transition of current A2 systems to sustain and improve current operational models and distribution programs in three separate security domains. Individual will work with Government to develop statistical methods for evaluating trends in METOC model resource usage and product delivery timing. In addition, the individual will provide the raw data collected as well as the associated context and implications. This position will also assist with gathering data for projecting future requirements; thereby ensuring that FLENUMMETOCCEN will optimize their computer infrastructure and modeling investments.
Key job elements:
a) Responsible for monitoring the clusters and tune/optimize performance.
b) Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the IT security of assigned systems including user accounts and accreditation.
c) Maintain the hardware and software and interact with vendors for support, when required.
e) Propose, plan and implement system improvements and new systems.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a technical field such as engineering or science or related technical field and eight (8) years of experience are required. High school diploma or GED and twelve (12) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement.
- An active DoD Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in Linux Systems Administration, prefer ability within DoD.
- At least three (3) years of experience with storage systems and networks, preferably with parallel file system.
- Experience supporting high performance cluster-based computing in a large-scale (greater than 100 multi-core compute nodes) operations/production environment.
- Operating/managing large (some greater than 10 TFLOPS) complex Linux/Unix environments
- Analyzing, planning, and creating complex IT systems and online services
- Systems engineering experience to include: functional analysis, HPC system design, configuration management, and system verification and validation based on existing and emergent user needs
- Demonstrable extensive working knowledge of LINUX cluster system administration
- Demonstrated success in communications, critical thinking, and problem solving
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Comp TIA Security+ certification , CompTIA A+, LINUX+, Server+ or Network+ certification.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: An active DoD Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: May 24, 2013, 10:06:44 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...