Student Program Internship - Graphic Design - Golden, CO-1207083
Organization : Display and Graphics Business
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Colorado
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a Graphic Design Intern for the Safety & Graphics Business Group, Commercial Graphics Division. The target start date for this position is May, 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Golden, CO you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Location: The person hired for the position of Original Wraps Graphic Design Intern will be located in Golden, CO and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
- Explore new vehicle design methodologies and technology
- Gain an understanding of current vehicle design methodologies
- Evaluate existing design alternatives
- Provide a recommendation for Original Wraps next generation design process
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Graphic Design, Architecture, and/or Design Engineering from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, 3D Modeling Software.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor level or higher degree program in Graphic Design, Architecture, Design Engineering with an accredited university, having completed at a minimum your Junior year by summer of 2013
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
3M Original Wraps (a key growth initiative for the Commercial Graphics Division) is seeking a entrepreneurial, goal oriented individual to fill a key role in our group with significant opportunity for advancement and growth. 3M Original Wraps specializes in vehicle personalization.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 23 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...