Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or lead month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, to identify or track trends. Consolidate work done by other analysts into final report.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users in the business unit. Coordinate development of data files, testing and validation in the acceptance phase, and migration of data requirements to production phase of the application life-cycle.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather and analyze financial and operational data.
- Previous accounting or audit experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform in high pressure environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong project management skills a plus.
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management.
- Prior experience with reporting and forecasting in FP&A environment.
- Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas).
- Strong leadership skills and ability to interact with management at all levels.
- Prior experience with Hyperion and Essbase is preferred, but not required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...