Based in Washington, DC, Michael Goldman & Associates, Inc. (MGA) is a full-service commercial real estate consulting firm, specializing in tenant representation.
In partnership with its clients, the MGA team sees to it that commercial real estate objectives and overall business strategies are aligned to maximize productivity, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, space functionality, organizational culture and profitability.
MGA is seeking a Director of Operations who will oversee the firm's administrative functions (human resources, finance and accounting, IT, facilities management, vendor relations) and serve as executive assistant to the President, as well as manage all team members.
The Director of Operations is a mid-level position responsible for ensuring that the MGA office functions efficiently and effectively. The ideal applicant possesses a commitment to and desire to take charge of the continued growth of the firm, as they play a crucial role in MGA’s success.
The position holds the opportunity for extensive growth and upward mobility, with salary increases commensurate with experience and company growth. The firm is growing rapidly and the Director of Operations should be able to think strategically in order to make decisions and implement new business systems, in conjunction with the President, that are in the best interest of MGA.
We are looking for a proactive problem solver who will be able to foresee potential obstacles and work effectively with the President to reach a resolution. Administrative functions include overseeing administrative and legal support, financial management, budgeting and accounting, new broker recruiting/training, human resources, operations, some marketing responsibilities and facilities management.
- BS in Business or a related field, preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative or financial role
- Experience managing vendor relations
- Superior written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Personal Qualities Essential for Success:
- Able to go above and beyond the typical definition of ‘multi-tasking’
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, able to think outside of the box
- A superior eye for presentation, branding and detail- cohesiveness of all MGA materials prepared and presented by the firm is essential
- ‘Can-do’ attitude; ability to wear multiple hats
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software a plus
- Commercial real estate knowledge/experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat
- Innate ability to troubleshoot minor IT/computer issues
Base salary: $45,000 (potential for bonuses and significantly higher base salary based on experience and abilities)
Please send resume and cover letter if interested