Avineon, Inc. is a specialized provider of information technology, engineering support, and geospatial services. We serve federal/central, state/regional, and local government agencies, as well as commercial clients including utility, telecommunications, process, and energy companies.
Since 1992, we have offered total system solutions using state-of-the-art business and quality processes, all provided at a competitive cost.
Avineon is a global company, with over 800 employees worldwide across North America, Europe, and Asia. Our corporate headquarters are located in Alexandria, Virginia, USA with other North America offices in Florida and Canada. Avineon’s global presence also extends to Europe (the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, and Holland) and India.
Avineon is an ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 registered company, demonstrating that we have a defined and repeatable quality system for both data processing and software development. Our software development life cycle conforms to the best industry standards. We follow systematic and disciplined approaches, which result in quality outcomes and lasting benefits for our customers, for both data processing and software development.
Avineon, Inc. is looking for a TOP SECRET/SCI Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator to add to our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate will be able to coordinate with appropriate levels to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Requirements TOP SECRET/SCI Senior Systems Engineer/Administrator (Red hat Linux/UNIX)
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities independently, which are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides identification and resolution of problems within the existing system and able to advise on the design and implementation of any new systems.
- Must be able to enhance the existing system and participate in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation of the additional COTS products.
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including Red hat Linux / UNIX , telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, Oracle database/DBMS and middleware. Red hat Linux experience is required.
- Will provide UNIX / Red hat Linux System Administrator (SA) support to ensure effective provisioning, installation /configuration, operation, and maintenance of system hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Perform technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the UNIX/Red hat Linux infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to requirements.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of standard Project Management Methodology.
- Must be able to engineer various solutions for UNIX / Red hat Linux projects and operational needs, provide technical consultation on current and proposed UNIX / Red hat Linux related issues to team members, assist with overall architecting of solutions for application, provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced team members, assist with upgrades and configure system software that supports infrastructure and applications per project or operational needs, install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards for project and operational requirements.
- Provide Operations and Maintenance support, monitor systems, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware and server resources, any key processes, provide Tier III/other support per request, perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, create, change, and delete user accounts per request, perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Review system and application logs to verify completion of scheduled jobs (i.e., backups), perform regular file archival and purge as necessary, and develop and maintain installation, operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform daily backup operations.
- 5-12 years experience as a Systems Engineer/Administrator in a UNIX/Red hat Linux environment, or a combination of relevant experience and equivalent education.
- Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional designs.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills.
- Experience across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Significant experience in requirements development and traceability through the SELC of a system – from requirements definition to design to development and testing and post production validation.
- Master’s Degree with at least 5 years experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 years experience in Computer Science.
- Must be a US Citizen and hold a current Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligible . Will be subject to background investigation.