This Engineering position will be held accountable for delivering the following:
- Lead powertrain lubrication fluid dynamics analysis.
- Develop integrated software solutions to optimize fluid systems performance.
- Decrease the time to market for a program by reducing the number of hardware iterations.
- Lead benchmarking of competitive performance technologies.
- Lead process and guideline development for fluid dynamic development.
Position requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field. Masters degree is preferred (technical or MBA)
Position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience. Please see the supplemental field for additional requirements.
Powertrain component & system design (with an emphasis on Lubrication system, tribology and engine breathing)
- Considered expert on Powertrain component or system (Lubrication system) with intimate knowledge of how component or system (Lubrication system) geometry influences both the part functionality and manufacturability. Knowledgeable on industry standard practices and directional trends for manufacturing, design, and test of the referenced Powertrain components or system (Lubrication system). Expert has demonstrated use of relevant system (Lubrication system) related analytical or empirical tools and has developed and or executed designs and test methods on the relevant system (Lubrication system).
Analytical optimization methods
- Demonstrates fundamental principles through successful execution of projects (whether analysis or test based). Demonstrates proficiency in optimization software & code relevant to area. Capable of reaching beyond fundamentals to solve new or unique problems and understands when to leverage the organization for resource and expert knowledge.
Data acquisition systems and techniques
- Demonstrates understanding of data acquisition systems and techniques through successful execution of testing projects. Can develop basic testing strategies for powertrain and/or vehicle systems. Track record of consistently delivering quality decision ready data that meets customer expectations.
Engine development, endurance, and component testing
- Experienced in higher level engine testing such as accelerated durability, cam stand testing, valve dynamics, lubrication & breather systems, engine operating strategies, pressure mapping, engine calibration, emission measurement and cam development. Perform basic calculations and layout creation using Concerto reporting tool.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of engineering calculations and regularly applies them to design problems and references calculations in reports and analysis guides. Can quickly recall and demonstrate engineering calculations during design reviews to provide decision ready information. Develops equation-based spreadsheets, programs, or scripts that are considered best practice for the design and analysis community.
Direct Reports: No
Travel: Required 0-10%
Harley-Davidson - 2 years ago
Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every bike we produce, the Harley-Davidson culture strongly propels our company to the successful...