Provides leadership and strategic direction for Leupold & Stevens' engineering, continuous improvement and manufacturing functions. Provides guidance on the planning, oversight, and management of product design, manufacturing, continuous improvement and quality assurance activities. Drives efforts to ensure technical excellence, design integrity, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering. 20 + years progressive industry-specific leadership experience in an engineering or manufacturing management role. Minimum of 8-10 years in a management or senior leadership role, preferably at the Executive level. Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and execute technical vision and strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering, manufacturing, and quality management and continuous improvement concepts, principles, strategies and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of optics or related product engineering and manufacturing processes. Knowledge of shooting sports, hunting, firearms and associated optics strongly preferred.
- Proven track record in leading manufacturing transformation/re-engineering projects. LEAN enterprise experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to challenge conventional thinking.
- Excellent leadership, communication, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership at both the strategic and operational level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Executive Team to create a results driven, team oriented environment.