System Validation Engineer
This position provides a truly challenging technical opportunity to validate new multi-core CPU functionality and features as part of the Computing and Server Validation Team. A successful candidate will have the following behavioral traits:
In this position, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- good planning skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- an inquisitive and tenacious mindset
- Developing and executing test suites for multi-core CPUs in post-silicon environments
- Providing and driving validation and debug requirements into platform and BIOS teams
- Performing debug at the CPU core, chipset, board, and system level; helping to debug on cutting edge, high speed interface technology
- Driving continuous improvement into existing validation test suites and methodologies
- Focusing on Server, Workstation, and High End Desktop feature sets and usage models
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (CS additionally requires demonstrated HW emphasis and/or experience)
- At the BS level, must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Minimum 6mths experience with hardware and software design, coding, and debug skills
- Minimum 6mths experience with IA-32 hardware and software architecture
- Minimum 6mths experience with computer system architecture
- Minimum 6mths experience with major bus protocols such as PCI Express*, DDR, or QPI
- Minimum 6mths experience with digital electronics and logic design
- Minimum 6mths experience with 80x86 Assembly language
- 6mths+ experience Windows*, UNIX*, and/or other operating systems
- 6mths+ experience with C, C++, Linux*, PERL or Python
USA-South Carolina, Columbia
Oct 21, 2012
Feb 1, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...