Are you interested in the challenge of helping EchoStar to create and maintain an enterprise data security program supporting business operations in 10 locations with 10,000+ devices, then we may have a place for you! Read on...
You will be providing prevention, detection, analysis and response to security incidents that affect or involve Uplink controlled networks and equipment. Evaluate system and personnel compliance with security policy and make recommendations to correct or improve deficient areas. Develop security policies, standards, procedures, and checklists. Perform vulnerability assessment and risk analysis activities for systems that reside on Uplink controlled systems and subnets. Develop custom scripts, tools, and dashboards to analyze and report the state of Uplink wide security for use by all levels of the organization.
EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes , is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries. Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet ®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded ® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and/or modify information security policies, standards, procedures, and checklists
Skills and Qualifications
- Install, configure, monitor, and respond to network and host based intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, and other security devices
- Respond to and analyze security system alerts and incident reports
- Understand advanced security protocols and standards
- Perform risk analysis of software, systems, and architectures
- Evaluate and develop reasonable and secure solutions to meet business needs
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- Communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in written form to peers and management
- Develop security monitoring, control, and analysis tools
- Manage two to four projects simultaneously and complete them on schedule
- Create and maintain technical documents, processes, and procedures
- Participate in 24/7 on-call pager rotation
8 to 10 years of experience in information security
- 5+ years of experience in system administration
- Experience with one or more of the following: AIX, Linux, Unix, Windows
- Experience with one or more of the following: Vulnerability assessment tools, packet analyzers, security management suites
- Experience with one or more of the following: VPN, Firewall, IDS/IPS, HIDS
- Experience with one or more of the following: C, UNIX shell scripting, Perl, Python, or similar languages
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced on-time deliverable environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
- One or more of CISA/M, SANS/GIAC Security Administration Level 5, CISSP or equivalent experience
Typical office environment with some exposure to cold air and loud noise while working in server rooms.
EchoStar - 21 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...