This individual performs complex administrative tasks in support of the Apptio University training team. This position requires a self-starter willing to own all training coordination processes under the guidance of the Manager of Apptio University. In order to succeed in this position, this individual must have a passion for training and working with customers, a strong background in Microsoft Office tools, willingness to learn how to effectively administer a learning management system (LMS), and have the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Own the scheduling process for Apptio University scheduling classes 3-6 months into the future.
- Manage requests for customer-specific onsite training and balance engagements among company-hosted classes and among multiple trainers.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers on logistics for regional, onsite, and virtual training sessions.
Learning Management System
- Respond to all registration inquires in a professional and timely manner.
- Use the LMS to add and update registration data for participants in all classes including initial registration, reschedule requests, and cancellations.
- Track revenue per registration.
- Work with Solution Value Managers, Solution Delivery Managers, and Sales Account Managers to ensure each registration request is paid for via a statement of work (SOW) or other means.
- Communicate with all appropriate parties cancellation and reschedule policies and enforce them accordingly.
Marketing and Communication
- Own and maintain Apptio University’s LMS enabling additional features, testing upgrades, staying current on upcoming releases, and fixing issues.
- Serve as the primary administrator for the LMS including acting as first-tier support.
- Provide weekly updates to the Customer Success teams regarding Apptio University overall and specifically upcoming classes and availability.
- Coordinate logistics for all company-hosted training sessions including scheduling rooms, resolving room conflicts, and ordering manuals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various vendors such as printers and caterers.
- Produce weekly reports and distribute them as required.
- Develop ad hoc reports to fulfill requests for management.
- Write procedural documentation for all tasks performed in this role.
- Team player with solid communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with pivot tables using Microsoft Excel or other similar tools.
- Ability to perform daily tasks with little guidance and switch between tasks quickly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years full-time office experience or other relevant experience.
- Preferred experience with training and/or training coordination.
- Preferred experience working with a learning management system (LMS) and/or website development.