Pediatrix Medical Group, a subsidiary of MEDNAX, is the nation's leading provider of maternal-fetal, newborn and pediatric physician subspecialty services. We are now hiring an experienced Sonographer for our Regional Obstetrics Consultants office located in Jacksonville, FL. The diagnostic medical sonographer provides diagnostic ultrasound tests for patients. The diagnostic medical sonographer works with other members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to pregnant women seeking care in the Perinatal setting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED.
2. Completion of a course in ultrasonic technology.
3. Minimum six-month experience as an ultrasound technician working in obstetrical and/or perinatology setting preferred.
4. CPR Certification required.
5. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
6. Skilled in operating ultrasound equipment.
7. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
8. Ability to effectively communicate.
9. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. An individual must possess a current/valid certification in diagnostic ultrasound.
2. Satisfactory completion of one of the following; at least two (2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year on-the-job training in ultrasonography, or completion of an approved ultrasonography educational program.
3. Maintain or be eligible for certification the American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
4. Must provide evidence of continuing education credits to fulfill accreditation requirements.
Click Here to Apply
MEDNAX is a multi-specialty medical group with a national focus. It is the holding company of Pediatrix Medical Group, American...