This is a key Firmware Engineering position on the HMC Product Engineering team at Micron Technology, Inc. Voted the Linley Group's Analysts' choice for "Best New Technology of 2011," you will utilize your skills to bring this new and exciting advanced memory product to the marketplace for the DRAM Solutions Group. You will work closely with Controller Logic and FW Design, DRAM Design, Applications Engineering, Characterization Engineering, and QRA Engineering, and you will be responsible for the definition, development, implementation, and maintenance of the HMC FW during both the early development and high volume manufacturing phases of the products.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Specification, design, verification, validation, and deployment of FW code revisions in Hybrid Memory Cube products.
- FW support of characterization, qualification, yield analysis, DFT, DFM, and debug tools for existing and new architectures.
- Ensuring the FW design implemented in HMC satisfies internal and external requirements with a high degree of reliability.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and mentor other engineers as a technical leader.
- In depth understanding of hard real-time firmware principles, low-level hardware interfaces, and common firmware practices including experience with version management and life-cycle.
- Experience in one or more area of FW development including device drivers, BIOS, UEFI, FPGA, network, processor, or memory management.
- Proficiency with C, C++, assembler, Python, Perl script, and modern techniques for code verification and analysis.
- Experience with embedded software development and debug tools, including compilers, source control systems, SVN, emulators, logic analyzers, JTAG and serial debuggers (I2C, SMBus, UART, SPI).
- Experience working with FPGA and ASIC design, qualification, lab bring up and debug, and productization.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with minimum of 5 years of relevant product experience, or
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with minimum of 7 years of relevant product experience.
Apr 9, 2013
May 10, 2013
Micron - 16 months ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...