Intertek Products provides safety testing and certification services to a variety of industries including wireless technology, security, home appliances, industrial, medical, telecommunications, automotive, building products and electronics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing leadership for growing year on year revenue and market share for testing services in an Intertek assigned region. Manage the sales staff within several respective labs. Execute leadership with sales staff to effectively grow market share which will be measured in year on year revenue growth. This is a true business development opportunity with plenty of potential.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- You will be responsible for monitoring site and industry specific forecasts
- Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for generating activity reports for key sales performance metrics. Working with Regional Vice President of Sales to define and develop territory to increase new and existing sales
- You will maintain direct sales responsibility to manufacturers within your assigned territory
- Identify potential clients via research and networking
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for strategic positioning
- Work closely with staff from Intertek divisions to position the Intertek service package
- Work with Operations team to develop business strategies.
- Identify sales potentials and competitive threats across industry
- Coordinates quota, budget, forecast and reports
- Conduct cold/warm client calls and attend/participate in tradeshows
- Create and facilitate client presentations
- Maintain quote/order and lead levels
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts and write and follow-up on proposals
- Maintain sales database
- Follow through on sales transactions
- Perform other work as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering is required.
- Candidates must have proven successful track record in new business development and territory growth and/or individual account growth required.
- Proven ability to cold call and prospect for new business.
- Trade show experience and demonstrated cold/warm calling skills and business development track records.
- Must be self motivated with organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high level presentations to prospects and clients
- High degree of personal integrity and the ability to collaborate with others in a team based environment
- Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated communication skills including writing proficiency, listening and able to articulate in a speaking environment.
- Excellent management, mentoring and coaching skills with the ability to effectively direct the sales team to maximize revenues and profits
- Ability to promote an effective working relationship at all levels and create a positive work environment
- Ability to promote the vision of the sales organization in a clear and concise manner
- Proven experience as a valued contributor to the management team in strategically supporting the business through growth and/or change
- Ability to conduct business across multiple time zones with significant travel involved
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time to client meetings, industry meetings, tradeshows, internal meetings, etc.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...