WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
This position can be based out of Charlotte, NC or San Antonio, TX
The required working hours for this role are as follow:
Monday thru Friday 10AM – 7PMET or 9AM – 6PM CT
- Handle inbound / outbound calls to referred warm leads requesting insurance protection to meet their business insurance needs.
- Effectively analyze and assess customers inquiries to achieve sales goals.
- Provide quotations, issue policies and counsel customers on business insurance coverages.
- Apply and adhere to appropriate underwriting guidelines to determine customer eligibility.
- Demonstrate an expertise in cross-selling products and services as they relate to customers needs.
- Strong understanding of the sales process and how to close sales.
- Responsible for prospecting and following up on Sales Campaign or Cross-Sell initiatives.
- Apply strong computer skills and an ability to navigate in a windows based environment.
- Ability to adjust and succeed in a rapidly changing call center environment.
- Must be able to operate with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Demonstrate strong results orientation through ownership and pro-active handling of pre / post-sale issues or problems.
- Ability to measure and monitor individual performance based on assigned sales goals.
- Position requires the ability to effectively present The Hartford's value proposition to both internal and external customers.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An individual to join our team that will effectively:
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at
- Have 1+ year(s) of Small Commercial Underwriting experience required
- Be a part of a dynamic growing sales organization
- Qualify, Underwrite and Sell The Hartford's small commercial products direct to policyholders
- Execute Sales and Cross-Sell Campaigns
- Execute marketing and communication plans with SCSR's, Agents and Select UW's
The Hartford believes people should live with financial confidence. The Hartford exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
The Hartford’s biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our
and bring passion to their jobs. Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
as a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
Military Times Edge
as a 2011 “Best for Vets” Employer
Carbon Disclosure Project’s Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index
for The Hartford’s approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Green Rankings – No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
· Phoenix Business Journal as a Best Place to Work (2011)
· The Chicago Tribune as a Top Workplace (2011)
· The San Antonio Express News as a Top Workplace (2011)
· Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a Top Workplace (2011)
· Indianapolis Star as a Top Workplace(2011)
· The Hartford Courant and FOXCT as a Top Workplace (2011)
· OKCBiz as a Best Place to Work (2011)
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-Texas-Houston
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Apr 16, 2013, 8:28:42 AM
Remote Worker Option
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The...