This position will be responsible for leading the Release Management team across our portfolio of products. The Release Management team is responsible for source control, builds, packaging and release for our products and development centers located in Houston, Denver and Calgary.
The ideal candidate is an experience release manager with a strong track recording of shipping products, partnering with the development teams and driving engineering improvements. They will have demonstrated experience in understanding complex architecture, licensing management, building relationships and driving teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Define and execute on the release management strategy and build a center of release excellence.
- Build effective relationships with engineering leaders and individual release managers across the products.
- Maintain standards, branches and Source Control systems.
- Improve build and deployment automation to increase development effectiveness
- Manage and improve Install and Packaging technologies
- Partner with Quality Assurance and Product Leaders to ensure the integrity of Release Candidates and final Release Packages and control the Release
- Identify and track key release metrics
- Supervision of 7-10 Release Management personnel
- Five years or more working on various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated passion , excellence and leadership in release management
- Deep understanding of release processes and management
- Strong cross-group communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong management skills leading teams
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 2 years or more experience in release management and successful release of commercial software products
- Proficient in VS Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint, SQL, and Office methodologies
- Prior experience leading teams across multiple development centers
Apply To This Job
P2 Energy Solutions empowers the people who power the world. P2 is the world's largest software and technology company dedicated to the...