Job Summary: Under the direction of the Site Coordinator/Supervisor performs selected nursing, reception and business office functions to enhance patient care delivery. Can expect to work with patients of all ages and at any or all sites of the Clinic.
1. Maintains competencies in accordance with policy/procedure of the clinic and department.
2. Accountable for participation in the coordination of healthcare team's efforts in planning and implementing patient care across the continuum of care.
3. Demonstrates patient service orientation by courteously greeting patients and families.
4. Participates in information management by scheduling physician appointments, taking messages accurately, managing the medical record and registration activities.
5. Accepts delegation and the responsibility for own actions.
6. Acts as a patient advocate.
7. Demonstrates appropriate care delivery and psychosocial interventions based on age and developmental status.
1. Demonstrates a working knowledge of trends in health care.
2. Attends in-service, programs and staff meetings.
3. Performs additional duties as may from time to time be required.
1. Self starter; able to handle frequent periods of stress
2. Communicates clearly in English - written/oral; second language desirable
3. Prolonged periods of standing/walking/sitting/bending/climbing and repetitive use of hands
4. Able to lift/push/pull up to 40 lbs; able to carry up to 20 lbs.
5. Must be flexible to scheduling changes including scheduled overtime and Saturday hours
1. Completion of Medical Office Assistant program
2. CPR certification (C-level) and re-certified annually (job precondition).
Experience: 1 to 2 years job related experience preferred.
License: Certification from American Association of Medical Assistants preferred
Able to effectively communicate in English, both written & verbal
Flexible to scheduling changes including overtime, evening and Saturday rotation
At least 2 years of strong clinical MA experience
Able to travel to various clinic locations with physician
At least one year of work experience in a Physician Office setting.
Prior work experience in a Urology setting, highly preferred
This is a "zero" hour position
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare - 2 years ago
When it comes to medical care, you have a lot of options. We know that. And we want you to know that we at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare...