Foundry Systems Engineer and Technology Administrator
Manage the daily AT&T operations at the The Foundry. Work closely with various AT&T lines of business to identify the demand for new technologies and services. Responsible for prioritizing the internal AT&T technology design and requirements. Participate in defining technical architecture and drive vendor/design architecture decisions for converged services and enablers.
In addition to being responsible for Foundry technology and onsite operations and administration, the Foundry Technology Administrator will participate in creating the detailed design documents and driving critical review and certification activities tied toward realization of foundry projects.
Responsible for ensuring that on site The Foundry technology is functioning and evolving. The Technology Administrator is responsible for LAN networking, Cloud Servers, and ensuring connectivity to other foundry sites. The position is expected to both maintain foundry technology in an operational state as well as be continually designing improvements and looking for areas of innovation.
- Administer high-availability systems and network equipment in office and data center environments (server, switches, and firewalls).
- Install and configure new Linux server.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production server network, operating system and proprietary software issues.
- Work with a team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed.
- Monitor system performance, make recommendations to improve and implement system wide changes to enhance overall system proficiency.
- Recommend and prototype solutions
- 3-5 years administering and managing Linux Systems such as RHEL, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Experience with the administration and configuration of networking hardware
- knowledge of running Windows and Linux on VM based environment.
- knowledge and experience setting up VM hosting environments.
- Solid understanding of various protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, NIS, and NFS.
- Familiar with revision control system such as SVN and Git
- Familiar with apache and one of the Web server tomcat/JBoss/Jetty.
- Good understanding of database system such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong scripting skills such as perl, ruby, python, php, bash.
- Experience with network management frameworks such as Splunk, Nagios, and Cacti.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers.
- Be willing to carry a pager or cell phone and respond in a 24/7 environment.
- Positive attitude, team player and the ability to have fun while working hard and motivating/influencing others in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- 4 year degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Occasional lifting and moving of equipment.
- Dev-Ops means something to you
- Experience on public clouds such as Ec2, GoGrid, RackSpace or Synaptic
- Config automation tools experience with technologies such as chef.
- Ruby programming experience
Oct 8, 2012, 2:13:34 AM
Oct 16, 2012, 12:59:59 AM
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...