Who is Kareo? |
We are Kareo (www.kareo.com), a small and fast growing software company based in Irvine, less than 2 miles from the beach. Our solutions power the efforts of over 17,000 medical providers in the US with 1000 new doctors joining the Kareo user community every month. We ’re leading our industry in the shift from complex and expensive legacy software to intuitive and affordable cloud-based solutions. Kareo helps doctors optimize the clinical and business management of their practices. By helping doctors reduce the administrative burdens of running a practice, they can shift their focus to delivering outstanding patient care. That ’s our mission.
In the last two years, we have doubled our customers and revenue and we ’re on track to double again this year! We were just recently selected by Forbes as one of America ’s 100 Most Promising Companies, one of the few companies in all of Southern California to make this prestigious list and the only one in Orange County. We also were selected by the Orange County Register as one on Orange County ’s Top Workplaces a selection driven completely by positive feedback given by our team members.
What We Need?
Multifaceted database management talent; primarily focused on Microsoft SQL Server but able to dive into other relational database systems like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, and anything else we decide to throw your way.
Must have a passion for data management and infrastructure, have an overwhelming need to optimize everything, and not afraid to branch out beyond the traditional boundaries of database management.
Collaborative team player that is excited to work alongside some of the most talented resources in all of Southern California, maybe even the world – we are working on an official award.
What You Will Do
- Acts as the highest level of database support for all Kareo production systems/services
- Ensure the security and integrity of Kareo data by establishing and documenting appropriate standards, procedures and guidelines for data handling and storage
- Design, install, maintain, and tune database management systems; primarily Microsoft SQL but also Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQLite, and Mirth
- Automate database changes using various technical solutions (stored procedures, PowerShell, .NET)
- Determine when it ’s appropriate to proof of concept open source products versus traditional technologies.
- Liaison with product development and engineering in a true DevOps role
- Work hard to keep Kareo ’s infrastructure up 99.9% of the time, and for you overachievers we have a special prize just for you.
- Collaborate with others as we figure out just how much “stuff ” we can push into our data tier and use that “stuff ” to drive key business decisions.
What We Will Expect You To Have
- Multiple years working for enterprise corporations, preferably SaaS, in highly efficient and dynamic teams, using different hardware and software platforms.
- Industry certifications across database technologies; primarily Microsoft SQL (2005 – 2012)
- Mastery of Windows operating systems and technologies.
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries, PowerShell scripts, .NET programs, SSIS packages
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex database problems.
- Experience performance tuning, optimizing (queries, indexes, etc.) using native and commercial tools.
- Experience with High-Availability clustered database solutions
- Experience with various Storage Area Network concepts and technologies (NetApp).
- Deep understanding and experience with Disaster Recovery and enterprise backup solutions.
- Deep understanding and experience with OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experience with security regulations (HIPAA, SOX etc.)
- Team player intensely focused on contributing to our culture and making the world a better place to live.
An Extra Dose Of Awesomeness If You:
- Experience with large scale web systems
- Experience with in memory database services
- Write and tune stored procedures in your sleep
- Can prove how PowerShell and .NET can automate everything
What We Will Deliver in Return
- Undeniably competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits 100% company paid for the employee portion
- More FREE caffeinated beverages than the coffee house down the street or the gas station vending machine has available **Decaf versions available as well
- Well stocked game room and some pretty serious competition
- Company sponsored yoga sessions (twice weekly)
- Monthly mixer meetings -- that are actually FUN!
- A company dedicated to living, breathing, and eating its values (yes, we will find a way to eat them too!)
- An opportunity to work with a team of amazingly talented professionals
Kareo - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
We’re leading our industry in the shift from complex and expensive legacy software to intuitive and affordable cloud-based solutions....