As we build a Marketing Organization of the highest caliber, the potential for significant career growth at DISH is real. We are looking to once again transform the industry by bringing big ideas to life that emotionally connect with consumers. Led by James Moorhead, named 2010’s Grand Marketer of the Year by AdWeek , we are a Fortune 200 company with over $400 million in reported marketing spend and are striving to triple our revenue over the next three years and become a powerhouse, Fortune 50 brand. We will do so by continually delivering the industries best TV experience via The Hopper, launching new businesses and building a world-class marketing organization. We work with some of most prestigious partners in the industry, whether it’s Horizon Media NYC, whose founder Bill Koenigsberg was named Executive of the Year by Ad Age in 2012, BFG9000, our creative agency named by Ad Age as a top 10 Agency to Watch in 2012, we are committed to developing a team that will continue to be a disruptive force in the marketplace.
The future is now at DISH – with the recent FCC approval of the DISH Wireless Spectrum, you can be part of the team that changes entertainment forever as DISH enters the wireless business and becomes the only provider that can offer wireless voice, video and data. We invite you to learn more about who we are at dish.com . Join DISH’s energized and agile marketing organization. Read the job description below, and learn what we’re looking for. We look forward to meeting you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Communications manger will oversee the development and execution of external communications and media relations programming that supports and advances the reputational interests of DISH.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Develop, advance and deliver effective messaging to media and other constituencies (news releases, media briefings, social media, events).
- Serve as spokesperson with local and national media.
- Counsel to key internal clients on external communications, including program planning, message development and implementation.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective and proactive media relationships characterized by candor and trust.
- Agency management
- Partner with Internal Communications to coordinate global messaging and internal communications across entire company.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful Corporate Communications Manager will have the following:
- Minimum 5 years of corporate or agency public relations experience
- Proven track record in media relations on a variety of corporate topics and issues including finance, legal and HR-related subjects; Experience in urgent issues management; comfortable with the need to move with speed, accuracy and grace
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, both written and verbal, within a high-performance setting; Project management experience which includes process improvement, communication of best practices, measuring and monitoring results
- Proven experience using social/digital media to promote the goals of corporate communications
- Energetic, proactive, well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment and who is a self-starter; Demonstrated experience working with and counseling senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and four plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
DISH - 21 months ago
Real Opportunity. Everyday
DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in...