1. Must be able to quickly and thoroughly analyze store sales performance and inventory needs in order to facilitate proper decision-making during the allocation process.
2. Selects the best methodology to allocate merchandise to the stores in a manner that drives sales, minimizes markdowns, maximize gross margin and inventory turnover.
3. Is an engaged partner with the Buyer and Business Manager to understand the merchandise strategy and to help execute that merchandise strategy at the store level.
4. Partners with peers and merchandise processing leads at the Distribution Center to complete allocated purchase orders in a timely manner.
5. Analyzes and supports key items and presentation sales through ladder plans and rankings to ensure a sufficient receipt flow and all stores are in an appropriate stock position.
6. While buyers have primary responsibility to generate reorders using ReBuy, DA’s will provide support to review ReBuy allocations to ensure special store needs are addressed (e.g., reacting to new store sales trend).
7. Drives model (replenishment) item sales by analyzing, developing, and updating sales and inventory forecasts at the store level on a regular basis while identifying overall opportunities at the total chain and item level.
8. Resolves store needs that are raised by district managers and other sources through allocation adjustments or encouraging buyers for special store buys.
9. Builds close partnership with location planning in order to identify growth opportunities, set seasonal select store set-ups and minimize down trending businesses at the store level.
10. Partners with location planning and buyers to assort, monitor receipts and deliver planned inventory levels in new stores. Reacts quickly following openings of new stores with allocations that are adjusted to maximize emerging sales opportunities and recognize shortfalls vs. plan.
11. Preparation and presentation of important sales trends, sales opportunities, and required actions at the door level during team meetings.
12. Maintains and is fully conversant with season X-matrices by vendor and category.
13. Partner with buyer to produce rankings, strategy builders, and any other necessary market prep analysis.
14. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
1. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company in an articulate, professional manner.
2. Strong organizational, time management and multi-task skills. Ability to prioritize.
3. Strong ability to analyze detailed numerical information, recognize business relationships and make logical and actionable decisions.
4. Thrives in a dynamic business environment with constant change.
5. Strong sense of urgency and ability to initiate action without direction.
6. Demonstrate a proven ability to reason, think analytically, and draw inferences.
7. Working knowledge of PC software applications such as Windows-based spreadsheet programs, word processors, and email applications.
8. High energy demonstrating a can-do, will-do attitude on a consistent basis.
Gordmans is an equal opportunity employer
Midwestern shoppers head to Gordmans Stores for deeply-discounted fashionable apparel and home décor. The department store chain operates...