Responsible for provisioning special and switched access/private line circuits including, but not limited to, Digital Signal Level 0 (DS0), Digital Signal Level 1 (DS1) and/or trunks, Digital Signal Level 3 (DS3), OC-X, SONET, Ethernet circuits, E911, SS7 and other trunk-level circuits. Individual also provides technical support of network services, network standards, and the timely deployment of services/features to enhance revenues. Support may include assistance with special projects/wholesale customer rearrangements, Ethernet projects, special contracts, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Minimum 3 years telecommunications, engineering or network planning or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Working knowledge of network topologies spanning the switching, access, and transport portions of the network.
- Detailed understanding of digital switching topics such as space division switching, time division switching, blocking probability functions, and multistage switching. Working knowledge of next-generation digital loop carrier systems, and analog and digital subscriber carrier.
- In-depth knowledge of ISP/OSP equipment and designs.
- Understand digital transmission topics such as PAM, PCM, Nyquist theorem, line coding, framing techniques, and time division multiplexing.
- Familiar with circuit and packet switching, X.25 and X.75 protocols, IEEE 802.X protocols, OSI reference model, ISDN, frame relay, SONET, and ATM switching Proficient in word processing, spread sheets, and database using a personal computer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 19 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...