- Act as internal consultant and technical architect for DW platform
- Work closely with development team to remove technical roadblocks and increase development efficiencies
- Partner with the client and the team to provide a technical road map for various applications in data warehouse.
- Review the technology and tool set and provide recommendations on the modifications as needed.
- Should have very good understanding of data modeling
- Should have good understanding of enterprise data model and Mata Data Management
- Bring best practices/Innovation and reusability in the team
- Review change control process and bring audit ability to the same along with standardization.
- Act as Liaison between HP development team and IP ITSS Organization
- Troubleshoot complex performance issues or application functional or technical issues
- Identify and measure key metrics for quality and velocity share the same with the team and client.
- Establish and enforce best practices and coding standards
- Assist in application design as necessary
- Be able to quickly give reliable estimates for new functional requirements
- Participates in project and design reviews to evaluate and ensure that the design being applied meets policies, principles, and standards.
- Will not be responsible to create the enterprise policies but will be fully aware of them to ensure the compliance.
- Identify key technical risks for the project and production support to ensure appropriate attention is given to the same.
- Review and recommend the setup of the various environments and make them efficient and risk free.
- Should have good familiarity with ETL and reporting tools
- Should have at least 5 years of hands on experience
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience - 5 years to 10 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, Information Technology (IT) service Management, (ITSM)…)
- Applies appropriate methodologies and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to resolve complex business issues. Business Acumen:
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers. Technical:
- Deep IT industry knowledge in specific areas.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements ("trusted advisor" role).
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability Engagement Delivery:
- Ability to write Statements of Work for medium to large business unit level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization). Opportunity Pursuit :
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing medium to large opportunities
- Position HP offering against the competition
- Be able to provide HP with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for medium to large opportunities
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for medium to large opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at the local level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing contributions (at least 2 per year) to HP knowledge systems.
- Make formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other HP employees working on the project.
- Can contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Specialist level architects
- Participates in defining HP unit's processes, standards, and policies Consulting:
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and Core I/O Only (CIO), Configure to Order (w/0D1) (CTO) level.
- Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms. Communication:
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...