Job Title: Regional Vice President (RVP)
Regional Director of Operations (RD)
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Operations or Market President, Operations
Regional Vice President, Operations
Roles Reporting to this position: Administrators
Accountable for leading the operations, finance and partnership management of multiple surgical facilities within a designated Region. Key Focus Areas include the growth in case volume and EBITDA, recruitment of new surgeons and retention of existing surgeons, and active management of the equity held by all physicians in the partnership.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The following description of the job responsibilities and performance expectations are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe the minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure individual facility and regional growth through the addition of new physicians and additional case volume from existing physicians. In addition, effective cost containment especially in the areas of staffing and supplies.
- Development and management of Partners Advisory Board at each of the regions’ facilities.
- Monitor and oversee the Sales Plan for each facility as well as participate with the Sales Team in monthly sales calls.
- Ensure that USPI’s EDGETM is fully deployed within the facilities while helping to establish USPI’s EDGETM as the cornerstone for operational and financial processes.
- Develop the leadership skills of the Administrators, enabling them to prioritize and execute the goals of the facility and provide the necessary guidance and feedback to their staff.
- Motivate, encourage and assist in the professional development of Administrators and other site managers to advance their career path within USPI.
- Perform RVP/RD mini-audits of facilities annually to ensure compliance regarding USPI’s policy and procedures as related to internal controls.
- Visit all sites in assigned region on a regular basis.
- Prioritize/coordinate all corporate resources as needed in order for the facilities to achieve goals/objectives.
- Assist in appointment of an individual to act as interim Administrator when the Administrator is absent.
- Partner with Administrators to ensure that all sites have a culture to reflects the USPI Mission and Culture.
- Oversee the regional budget development and ensure financial performance of the region meets or exceeds budgeted expectations.
- Ensure growth in case volume and effective management of net revenue per case, personnel expense per case and drugs/medical supplies per case.
- Ensure all business offices functions are compliant with USPI’s EDGETM and Today’s Proven Process. Ensure that Monthly Self Assessments are being performed by all Business Office Managers.
- Facilitate communications with all partners (physician & hospital if applicable) at least monthly.
- Attend and actively participate in each facility’s governing board and partnership meetings.
- Act as a liaison between healthcare system partner, USPI and the facilities. Organize and actively participate in quarterly partnership meetings with healthcare system partners.
- Steer and focus Monthly Operations Review presentations and discussions.
- Attend facilities’ staff meetings as appropriate and present USPI’s goals and priorities, ensuring appropriate communication of USPI’s global objectives are understood by all staff members of the center.
- Attend all regional and USPI management meetings throughout the year.
Applicant MUST HAVE HEALTHCARE IN THEIR BACKGROUND preferably ASC or Hospital with an emphasis on surgery.
Criteria for Evaluation
- Master's degree in business administration or healthcare administration preferred.
- Minimum five years experience with exposure to healthcare business development & operations, finance and business consulting required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing growth strategies required.
- Excellent verbal, written and formal presentation communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with “C” level healthcare partners, physicians, employees, patients and fellow workers required.
- Excel & PowerPoint analytical and presentation skill a must
- Ability to effectively articulate financial results respond to questions from hospital and physician partners required.
- Strong mathematical aptitude to assist with financial budgeting, reporting and analysis required.
Results within industry norms for all clinical benchmarks, and active programs in place for continuous improvement
- Annual Case Growth Goals
- Annual Cost Containment Goals
- Annual Leadership Survey Goals
- Physician Feedback
- Hospital Partner Feedback
- Employee feedback / Leadership Survey