Director, Data Management-731613
Provides leadership to the Direct Bank and Brokerage tower within Enterprise Data Services. Provides technical leadership and enterprise-level consulting to the organization on the broader data strategy and execution on business priorities. Communicates to directors and executives, mentors technical staff, and partners with technology vendors. Position typically involves attending and leading meetings, working with budgets, project plans, and managing technology risks and issues.
- Determines the organization's data architecture strategy in alignment with the business strategy.
- Leads teams responsible for all data technologies including but not limited to data movement, data integration, modeling and business intelligence.
- Creates and manages data governance forums with business partners with a particular emphasis on metadata management and data quality.
- Leads the organization's data teams to evaluate new tools and techniques to improve data management for the enterprise.
- Influences data management strategic direction, budget tradeoffs; direction of strategic data warehouse projects.
- Provides senior level technical consulting to application development teams during application design and development for highly complex or critical projects.
- Ensures compliance with the organization's data management policies and standards.
- Takes lead for organization's data architecture including the database design and structure, data integrity and data management tools.
- Manage large teams composed of associates, contractors and 3rd party resources
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Management of Info Systems/Technology
- 5 years of experience in Data Management Practices
- 5 years of experience in Risk or Audit Management
- 10 years of experience in Resource or People Management
- 10 years of experience in Financial Industry
- Masters Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, or computer science
- PMP, MBA, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, Agile
- 5 years using Agile delivery methodologies
- 10 Years of experience in Data Management Practices
- 10 Years of experience in Risk or Audit Management
- Strong knowledge of Direct and/or Retail Banking businesses
No agencies please.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Information Technology
Primary Location : United States-Delaware-Wilmington-New Castle Co DE-ING Spaarpot (18052)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 17 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...