Develop, provide oversight and be accountable for the management of pharmacy programs and services that optimize CHI national and MBO pharmacy resources. Ensure sharing of best clinical pharmacy practices (evidence based when possible) and operational practices. Provide direction as to the use and implementation of clinical pharmacy programs, medication related technology, medication information systems, safe use of medications, cost containment and cost reduction programs, contract compliance and regulatory oversight of pharmacy to ensure clinical, operational and supply excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Works with CHI National Pharmacy Program and Regional Leadership in the development of CHI National Pharmacy Strategy.
2. Oversees implementation and management of pharmacy programs within their region including Regional Service Line work, Contracting Purchasing, Pharmacy Item Master Management, Distribution.
3. Oversees implementation and management of pharmacy programs within their region including Regional Service Line work, Contracting, Purchasing
4. Front line regional contact with consultants on pharmacy related work.
5. Gate keeper for MBO pharmacy stewardship programs. Responsible for implementation of strategies to achieve acceptable ROI for strategic purchasing programs and evidence based standardization.
6. Gate keeper for MBO pharmacy stewardship programs
7. Responsible for pharmacy communication flow both vertical and horizontal including regional meetings. Provides leadership and oversight to establish and manage communications mechanisms, identify and resolve problems, prioritize customer requirements and maintain continuous improvements through customer feedback.
8. Responsible for developing and growing national pharmacy programs around a specific area of practice or service line.
9. Implements processes for developing and sharing organization-wide medication standardization within their region. Promotes and facilitates the rapid adoption and assimilation of best practices and innovations in service, work methods, technology, and operational systems which improve pharmacy service, quality, safety and efficiency in the region.
10. Assists with pharmacy leadership development and succession planning for their region. (Strategy [P]).
11. Regional oversight of pharmacy dashboards and metrics.
This position “staffs” these national groups: Regional Pharmacy Meetings, Regional Operational Councils
This position is the regional pharmacy liaison to these national groups: Supply Chain, NPEC, Service Line Teams National Pharmacy Executive Council
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
Experience (required & preferred):
- B.S. in Pharmacy or equivalent required. Pharm. D. preferred
- MBA, MHA, MPhA or Advanced Residency in Hospital Pharmacy Administration preferred
- 10 years of Hospital Pharmacy or health systems management required
- Experience in clinical pharmacy program development, monitoring and justification preferred
- Experience in pharmacy education and program development and planning including accreditation of programs preferred
- Experience in clinical technology assessment and implementation required
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CBCHI
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
ND-Fargo-National Office Fargo
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...