Susquehanna University, a selective, residential, national liberal arts college, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Human Resources.
Founded in 1858, Susquehanna University is a residential, national liberal arts college that prepares undergraduate students for achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, interconnected world. Academic excellence, study away and service learning, student-faculty collaboration, and rich opportunities for creative and personal growth are hallmarks of a Susquehanna University education. Students come to Susquehanna from 35 states and 12 countries, and more than 90 percent of them find jobs or pursue graduate study within six months of graduation. The university is located in central Pennsylvania, in the borough of Selinsgrove, along the banks of the scenic Susquehanna River and about three hours from major East Coast cultural, financial and recreational centers. For more information, visit www.susqu.edu.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Administration, the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for developing and implementing human resource strategies that will support the mission, strategic plan, core educational, and administrative objectives of Susquehanna University. The Director of Human Resources will also work closely with the Chief Diversity Officer to help achieve the institution’s diversity goals. The ideal candidate will be a leader, and bring creative and strategic thinking to initiatives that make a difference in the path of the institution.
Susquehanna University and its faculty and staff need a Director of Human Resources who has the knowledge, ability and skills to assist the university and its people to adapt to a changing environment.
Successful Candidates must have:
In addition to the above listed minimum requirements, higher education experience and PHR/SPHR Certifications are preferred. To learn more about Susquehanna University and this position, go to: http://www.susqu.edu/offices/23145.asp and chose Current Openings.
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience that includes a position in an organization in which the candidate was responsible for the functional and strategic aspects of Human Resources program.
- Expertise in overseeing organizational development and change, talent management, and development.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and assessing diversity initiatives that produced sustainable, measurable and positive results.
- Strong human resource knowledge of compensation, benefits, employee and labor relations and HRIS best practices.
- Experience with design and implementation of employee satisfaction programs and other measures that increase employee engagement and motivation.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, presentation and computer skills.
Review of applications and nominations will begin immediately. Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume in a single PDF file no later than February 28, 2013 to:
Sr. Administrative Assistant to the
Vice President for Finance and Administration
514 University Ave.
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
Job Code: A13-001
Email submission: email@example.com
Susquehanna University is committed to creating a more diverse community. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an EO/AA employer.
Susquehanna University - 10 months ago