Under the general direction of the Director of Program Development or designee, the Senior Program Development Associate is responsible for planning and coordinating project related activities of medium to large scale program development projects that will vary in scope and affected business units. The overall goal of this position is to ensure that developing programs address customers’ requirements, and are completed within an established timeframe and budget.
- Lead new program development and implementation teams for medium to large size projects for the Program Development office of Commonwealth Medicine.
- Identify required resources for program development and implementation teams; assess necessary skill sets and competencies to accomplish program development objectives.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with clients, team members, Commonwealth Medicine leadership and other program development staff.
- Convene, direct and lead an assembled program development team to effectively address the client’s requirements according to the program’s objectives, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that new program development is timely, successful, and meets customer expectations.
- Document and maintain current: program development reports, meeting minutes, decisions, progress reports, schedules, budgets, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent reports.
- Identify best business practices to be applied to product design and implementation.
- Provide operational consulting services to clients of Commonwealth Medicine.
- Participate in the business planning process for Commonwealth Medicine.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Health/Science Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Proven administrative and management ability in complex environments.
- Demonstrated performance in operations management, program development or program implementation.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of infrastructure systems, including facility, information technology, personnel and finance systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Innovation, flexibility and creativity.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple public sector entities.
- Will lead new Program Development teams and participate as a member of other Program Development teams.
- Will serve as a resource to Program Development Associates
- Will develop and present business plans and proposals for programs that address the client’s needs, necessary resources, timeline requirements, and established budgetary parameters
- Will ensure that the Program Development teams work collaboratively with others, including clients and UMMS leadership and staff
- Will direct and monitor the implementation and development phases of new Programs, ensuring that timelines are met
- Will accurately maintain documentation related to new program development and implementation
- Will provide ongoing status reports of progress in program development and implementation to Commonwealth Medicine senior staff
SPECIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and utilizes independent judgment.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct multidisciplinary groups
- Exercises professional behavior and discretion.
- Meets project deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department and the Program Development teams.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED :
Director of Program Development
Program development and implementation teams
UMass Medical School - 2 years ago