SERTA MATTRESS-NATIONAL BEDDING COMPANY
Title: BORDER CLOSER
Sews mattress border seams from border material cut to length from border rolls. Operates various semi-automatic sewing machines.
*1. Sews seams from border produced by border ct operator.
*2. Folds and places finished border onto racks or carts by sort criteria.
*3. Threads needles and sewing machines, and replaces needles as needed.
*4. Inserts law tag properly.
*5. Marks proper size and tags of rolls returned to storage.
*6. Installs handles on borders
*7. Operates vertical stitch, double hemmer and double over-edger machines
*8. Sweeps floors and maintains work area in a neat, clean and orderly fashion. Performs job duties in a safe and efficient manner
9. Performs other sewing room functions as requested
10. Performs related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. Basic ability to read, write and understand English
2. Basic ability to read/use a ruler, add/subtract and calculate fractions
3. Must be at least 18 years of age
1. Prior experience in sewing/textile industry utilizing related machines
Approximate training period for individual meeting minimum qualifications is one month.
1. Basic mathematical skills including use of a ruler and adding/subtracting fractions
2. Good organizational skills and detail orientation
3. Good eye/hand coordination
4. Ability to interpret and support standards, policies and procedures established by Serta, Serta Inc., and Federal/State/Local agencies
Work required 100% efficiency. Work involved is repetitions, involves overhead reaching, and regular lifting/moving of up to 25 lbs with occasional moving of heavy materials; and exposure to usual hazards found in a manufacturing environment.
SUPERVISED BY: Plant Manager and/or Plant Supervisor; may receive direction from the Plant Administrator
Serta Mattress Company - 18 months ago