Our internship program is focused on providing a high-level professional experience to compliment the participant’s acquired academic knowledge. Through this program the successful internship participant will have gained a valuable knowledge base and be better positioned to achieve their post academic goals.
Progressively challenging program with the following intern objectives:
Increasingly being able to perform all general functions of a financial business analyst; eventually making business decisions of their own.
Develop an understanding of the various departments such as sales, marketing, product development, and finance; as well as how they work together and the challenges each department faces.
Understand the role of the business analyst within the framework of the enterprise as a whole.
Work with the business analysts to relate their academic course learning with events and duties within the internship.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Model the Spectrum Brands eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
- Profitability analysis and promotional spending control
- Provide pricing recommendations to Business Analyst for new and existing industrial customers.
- Compile global sales and volume reports for key hearing aid customers each month.
- Business review presentations
- Market and customer price management
- Information and documentation management
- Process monthly and quarterly customer rebates.
- Reconcile customer rebate accruals each quarter.
Qualified intern applicants will possess the following attributes:
- Looking to maximize the value of their internship experience.
- Dedication to learning; both academically and professionally.
- Pays attention to details while continuously looks to develop broader perspective.
- Able to balance academics and work.
- Embraces challenges, punctual, dynamic, and self-motivated.
- Ideally sophomore and juniors majoring in Finance or Accounting available year-round.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable names...