The program is an Operations and Sustainment, maintenance, and development contract in support of a government customer. The selected Linux/Unix Systems Administrator will be part of the on-site O&S team for a high visibility system of systems critical to the government customer at the government facility. The team is responsible for 24x7 operations of an architecturally complex, multi-networked system. The candidate will work with site engineers, system administrators, and operators, the Raytheon factory team, subcontractors, peers including the Infrastructure Service Provider, and product vendors.
This is System Administration of an operational system conducted in a proactive manner, minimizing problem occurrences in favor of problem avoidance. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring systems are up to date with most current relevant security scripts and patches.
- Provide user account management across multiple hardware platforms.
- Software and Hardware installation and configuration, including COTS products and custom Raytheon applications.
- Support Raytheon factory deliveries of system upgrades, and the addition or expansion of system capabilities.
- Create and maintain scripts designed to automate administrative tasks.
- Support weekend on-call duties on a rotating basis and as needed depending on staffing holidays, PTO and scheduled off days.
The applicant should have strong troubleshooting skills; the ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision; the ability to adapt and react in a timely and efficient manner to resolve issues as they arise.
This position is for a night shift on a static, non-rotational basis. Night shift will have enhanced compensation.
This position reports directly to the Raytheon onsite Ops and Sustainment Manager.
As with any operational system, there will be very occasional urgent, unplanned after hours support to restore system operation or finish upgrades to the system. There may be rare, scheduled-well-in-advance, weekend work to upgrade systems.
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance (no exceptions).
- Ability to pass Counter Intelligence Polygraph (CI Poly). Note this is not a full scope lifestyle polygraph.
- Experience in the following:
---Solaris UNIX administration
---RedHat Linux administration
---Windows Operating System administration
---PERL programming language
---Shell scripting (sh, bsh, ksh, etc…)
- Experience in the configuration and maintenance of the following:
---Cisco switches, including ASA 5505s
---IBM Blade servers
---Dell Blade servers
- Experience in system performance monitoring.
- Comfortable adhering to critical processes in a stressful environment.
Required Education (including Major):
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another applicable technical degree plus six years of relevant experience. OR fourteen years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree is also acceptable.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Innovative technologies. Superior solutions. Outstanding opportunities.
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more than 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX. IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon - 18 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...