Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
In-Plant Services Senior Project Manager
Type of Position:
• Minimum BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar degree
• Minimum 15 years of industry-related experience including: in-plant experience - manufacturing experience - i.e., chemical, refining, or pulp and paper
• Minimum 10 years of project management experience
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Demonstrated technical engineering skills
• Must have an understanding and experience in working in a safe work place culture
• Must be able to provide leadership for safety initiatives via behavior based safety culture
• Must understand the value of quality work ethic and performing work in a quality manner which demonstrates the concepts of continuous improvement practice
• Must be a doer/seller
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience and understanding capital/plant projects including ability to assist clients in managing, providing prioritization evaluation, able to scope projects, provide refined cost estimates and schedules
• Experience and ability to take capital/plant projects to engineering design phase - preliminary to final
• Experience and ability to take capital/plant projects that have been engineered to the installation phase by providing construction oversight
• Travel required to various client plant facilities (primarily in the southeast US) or client headquarters (any where) for the purpose of business development or performing in-plant services task
• Travel required for meeting fellow colleagues at various URS offices primarily in the southeast US for the purposes of understanding cross selling business development and for promoting growth of in-plant services
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
• This is a leadership position but initially is virtually a "one man show". Initially a lot of hands on engineering ability. Personally provide client related services related to capital/plant projects project management, perform necessary analyses, calculations, and evaluations using common practice methods to provide solutions and recommendations to client's needs.
• May require auditing client safety programs, auditing plant processes/equipment for the purposes of upgrading or improving capacity or efficiencies.
• All business development will require follow up to actually being able to conduct work or provide alternative for completing work which results in meeting client's expectations in a manner that exceeds expectations and is within budget and is completed based on the agreed upon schedule.
• Responsible for meeting with clients and understanding needs as well as providing written proposals outlining scoping services to be provided and cost estimates and schedule for performing services.
• Providing business developing services must be performed in accordance with URS contract and Risk management policies and procedures as well as in accordance with existing contracts with clients. In the event a contractual relationship is absence must be able to work with URS contracting and legal staff to develop contract documents.
• Simultaneous to conducting engineering work, expectations are that candidate will initiate business development that will lead to the ability to grow an in-plant services team. This will include: developing a business development plan and associated strategies for growing in-plant consulting practices. The goal will be to contribute to the success of the Tallahassee office and the North-Central Florida Operations.
• Short assignments working at plant may also be necessary initially. However, if long-term opportunities develop, candidate will be responsible for leading effort to find qualified candidate to be secunded at facility and be supervised by client.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...