Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for Computer Systems Engineers . If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in one of our facilities.
By joining the Michelin team, your career opportunities for the future will be varied. A career manager will be assigned to help you manage your career at Michelin.
The Computer Systems Engineer is responsible for completing engineering projects using automation and computer control technology.
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer* Qualifications
- Works independently, or as part of a project team.
- Write engineering specifications, engineering design, software development, parts/system procurement, installation, start-up, documentation, technical assistance and project management.
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent.
- Ability to design, build, install and support manufacturing control systems, including programmable logic controllers and supervisory computer systems
- Experience and knowledge in PC and Server Hardware, software, configuration, maintenance and management.
- Experience in network technology (cabling, fiber, TCP/IP, switches, wireless access points, Vlan, etc)
- Experience and knowledge in two or more the following: Microsoft Windows operating systems, UNIX, and VMS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint).
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealings with outside contractors and equipment suppliers. Must maintain and protect sensitive company information.
- Experience in designing, installing, commissioning and maintaining automation systems using programmable logic controllers.
- Applicant must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Both written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Willing to travel in North America on a regular basis (one 1 to 3 day trip per month) and occasionally outside North America .
- W ell organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with software design standards and industry methodology is an advantage.
- Programming experience in C, C#, C++ or similar. Visual studio development environment experience is helpful.
- French language skills would be an advantage.
- An automation engineer with the desire and aptitude for working with supervisory computer systems and with some experience would be considered.
- An entry level candidate with the desire and aptitude for working with supervisory computer systems and with some experience would be considered.
Monster - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard